The ISU online communities are growing rapidly and in order to ensure that everyone's experience on the ISU social media pages is an enjoyable one, ISU has introduced some additional guidelines.
Do not include any personal or sensitive information (such as your birthday, home address, phone number, login details, credit card details etc.) in your posts or comments. Be aware not to share other personal details directly with strangers. The ISU will never ask you to post a public comment with any of these details, however you might be asked to send information via email or private message in case of a contest for example.
It is important to credit people for their work. Please make sure you are allowed to upload text, images, audio or videos by the owner/creator before you do. It is your responsibility to ensure that any content you post doesn't infringe the intellectual property, or other rights, of other people or organizations.
The ISU may delete any content posted that may raise concerns or disputes from others. Please also note that we may re-use any material you post.
Before posting, check with your friends whether you have their permission to upload photos or videos in order to respect their privacy.
Know when and why moderation is required
The ISU does not take decisions on moderating posts lightly but any posts that do not adhere to the ISU social media rules will be removed.
Posts containing any of the following will be removed:
- personal or confidential information
- inaccurate, misleading or inappropriate statements about ISU
- abusive, defamatory, offensive and hateful language
- unlawful information
- trolling or deliberately disruptive discussions
- violations of any intellectual property rights
- suspicious links e.g. phishing
- malicious content
- We welcome your @ mentions/replies and we’ll do our best to respond to most questions. We will not respond to personal attacks, foul language, disparaging comments or topics that do not relate directly to the events being covered. We may not be able to respond to your questions immediately and some responses may be limited in nature.
- There may be some questions/comments we cannot address, including questions directly related to financial matters, ongoing legal matters, regulatory issues, or certain other elements of our organization.
- We hope that your contributions will add value to the overall dialogue and appreciate you providing links or other resources to support any claims.
- We encourage the use of our hashtags so we can track the conversation:
#FigureSkating, #SynchroSkating, #SpeedSkating, #ShortTrack.
- Event specific hashtags can be found here.
- Social media accounts that ISU follows or is followed by do not indicate an endorsement of the account owner or their products and services.
- The ISU may provide links or references to other sites as part of its posts. However, the ISU claims no responsibility for the content of such other sites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from that content. Any links to other sites are provided as merely a convenience to the users of this platform.
- The ISU reserves all rights relating but not limited to, add, remove or modify any content or material posted on the account, discontinue the account, accept or reject those who may wish to follow the account and respond to any questions or comments addressed to the account.
Help us keep it suitable for all audiences. If you think that a posting has broken any of our house rules, contact the team by sending a Facebook private message.