The ISU Council is proud to announce the hosts for the Challenger Series events for the season 2021/2022.
©International Skating Union (ISU)
The ISU Challenger Series, which was introduced during the 2014/15 has been a great success. The skaters welcome the opportunity to compete at an international senior level. Furthermore, it allows them to gain World Standing Points. It is also a chance for Officials to officiate at an international level.
Many have recognized the value of the competition and the ISU Council received numerous applications to host a Challenger Series event for the season 2021/2022, following ISU Communication 2372.
The ISU Council has carefully analyzed every application and is proud to announce that the following venues were selected to showcase all Figure Skating disciplines (Men, Ladies, Pairs and Ice Dance):
- September 10-12, 2021 Bergamo, ITA
- September 16-18, 2021 Montreal, QC, CAN
- September 22-25, 2021 Oberstdorf, GER (incl. Pair Skating) (Olympic Qualifying Competition)
- September 30-October 2, 2021 Bratislava, SVK
- October 7-10, 2021 Espoo, FIN (including Pair Skating)
- October 13-17, 2021 Beijing, CHN (including Pair Skating) (Olympic Test Event)
- October 28-31, 2021 Almaty, KAZ
- November 11-14, 2021 Graz, AUT
- November 17-20, 2021 Warsaw, POL (including Pair Skating)
- December 8-11, 2021 Zagreb, CRO (including Pair Skating)
You will find the full ISU Event Calendar on isu.org.The ISU Council wishes to thank all ISU Members for their applications.
The above calendar, same as the calendar of other ISU series, is subject to a timely normalization of the coronavirus situation allowing the safe organization of ice skating events. While the Challenger Series events remain the property of the organizing ISU Members who remain the key decision makers for those events, the ISU is closely monitoring the respective developments with the expectation and hope that the situation will be restored to normal as quickly as possible. The ISU will inform ISU Members in case of any development or related ISU recommendations and/or decision.