The ISU is looking for a passionate and committed E-learning Education Coordinator to fulfill the mission of developing, designing and implementing the ISU on-line curriculum. The job is 50% and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Position: E-learning Education Coordinator
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 50% to start with
Entry Date: As soon as possible
Deadline to apply: 31st May, 2018
Mission: Developing, designing and implementing the ISU on-line curriculum
- Reviews the teaching and learning aspects of ISU and ISU Members’ development programs to assess their potential for on‐line delivery and advises appropriate Chairs of the ISU Technical Committees on which areas of the curriculum can be redesigned and/or enhanced using ILT and e‐Learning.
- Utilizes key elements of instructional design (course design, process, objectives, storyboarding, etc.) to implement e‐Learning modules based on identified curricula.
- In the development of e‐Learning modules, works with subject matter experts, artists, programmers, etc. to ensure the timely development of quality modules.
- Serves as the primary point of contact with the LMS provider from the LMS installation through its implementation.
- Updates and maintains the Learning Management System, including researching site bugs and fixing them.
- Develops and maintains the database of users and prepares usage reports regularly for the Development Commission and Technical Committees.
- Responds to questions from users concerning how to use the Learning Management System.
- Develops instructional material, coordinates, writes and edits educational content, and incorporates current technology for educators developing specific curricula.
- Liaises with the ISU Development Commission to lead in the implementation and further development of the ISU’s ILT strategies relating to e‐Learning and prioritizes activity.
- Promotes innovation in the use of e‐Learning/ILT to benefit learning, teaching and research throughout the curriculum.
- Enables and supports all staff, the ISU Development Commission as well as the Technical Committees in the training and curriculum changes needed to utilize new technologies and learning materials.
- Performs the duties stated as a responsible employee of the ISU, observing and supporting all policies and procedures as set out by the ISU Development Commission and the ISU Council.
- Represents the vision, mission and values of the ISU, and behaves in accordance with the ethical standards laid out in the ISU Code of Ethics.
- Other duties as required by the ISU Director General.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related instructional content, development, or delivery field, or equivalent industry experience or certification.
- Experience working with e‐Learning and blended learning programs, web‐based training development, and asynchronous learning content.
- Ability in teaching and interacting with subject matter experts and managers to develop training content.
- Experience in a functional training role with an emphasis on technology, and sport/coaching training development and design.
- Foundational knowledge and understanding of complex learning theory, assessment and evaluation methods, as well as a thorough understanding of learning styles and instructional design techniques are necessary.
- Familiarity with website design, program editing, video technology, and other multimedia.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication and documentation skills in English for the purpose of documentation development, curriculum development, editing, and communication.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Proficiency in basic productivity applications such as Microsoft Office (particularly as they are used in the context of developing instructional content), and ability intuitively to identify and self‐teach new applications as required.
- Ability to work remotely, including use of virtual meeting/assistance software, phone, VPN, and laptop.
- Highly self‐motivated and self‐managed; ability to work independently and as part of a virtual team with minimal coaching or supervision.
- Ability to organize and work under strict time and production deadlines, while producing quality deliverables.
Passion in sports and familiarity with skating sports is a strong asset
If you are interested in working in an exciting sport environment and in an international setting, if you wish to consolidate your skills and to be innovative, we invite you to apply by 31st May 2018 by sending your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com!
This advertisement is issued to collect candidacies from individuals interested to act in the name of the International Skating Union (ISU) for the necessities related to the positions specified in this document.
We wish to communicate that the candidate selected by the ISU will be given the opportunity to discuss and evaluate the service to be provided as well as the procedures to be respected and the benefit/s obtainable from the ISU.
The International Skating Union (ISU) is the international sports federation that regulates, governs and promotes ice-skating throughout the world. In order better to fulfill our development objectives, we are recruiting an E-learning Education Coordinator who is responsible for designing learning programs for on-line use as well as for other operational purposes. Reporting to the ISU Director General and working in cooperation with the ISU Development Commission, the E-learning Education Coordinator supports the ISU’s strategic objective to offer an online curriculum related to Figure Skating (Single and Pair Skating, Ice Dance and Synchronized Skating) and Speed Skating (Speed Skating and Short Track). With a solid understanding of Information and Learning Technology (ILT), Learning Management Systems (LMS), course design as well as the ISU’s curricula, the coordinator is responsible for actively evaluating opportunities to develop modules, designing and building them, and ensuring successful implementation for various stakeholders. The E-learning Education Coordinator works closely with subject matter experts, for example, the ISU Technical Committees, instructors, facilitators and/or moderators to determine needs throughout the design process. The E‐Learning Education Coordinator also serves as the primary administrator/contact for the E‐Learning systems to provide support.