It is a requirement for certain Technical Rules to be announced annually by the Ice Dance Technical Committee and all other Rules are published in Special Regulations & Technical Rules:
- Requirements defined in the Technical Rules as valid for one season only:
- Pattern Dances for International Competitions,
- Music requirements for Pattern Dances for International Competitions,
- Rhythms or themes, Required Elements (including Key Points and Key Point Features for Pattern Dance Elements) and guidelines for Short Rhythm Dance,
- Required Elements for Free Dance – Junior/Senior (Novice categories to be published in a separate communication.)
The annual requirements for season 2018/19 are included in this Communication.
- Requirements defined in the Technical Rules with ongoing validity:
- Calling specifications and Levels of Difficulty,
- Marking Guides,
- Scale of Values.
Updates to the current ongoing requirements, valid as of July 1st, 2018, will be published in a subsequent Communication.
To read full ISU Communication 2148 please click on the link on the right.