Technical Rules specify that some of them need to be completed by requirements decided by the Ice
Dance Technical Committee.
Requirements defined in the Technical Rules as valid for one season only are:
- Pattern Dances for Novice International Competitions,
- Music requirements for Pattern Dances for International Competitions,
- Rhythms or themes, Required Elements (including Key Points and Key Point Features for Pattern Dance Elements and guidelines for Rhythm Dance
- Required Elements for Free Dance. (Junior and Senior)
The annual requirements for season 2018/19 were included in Communication 2148 (revised April 10, 2018)
The other requirements for Technical Rules are defined with an ongoing validity and can be updated when necessary. They are listed below.
- Calling specifications and Levels of Difficulty for Required Elements (Novice, Junior, Senior)
- Marking guide for Grades of Execution of Required Elements (Novice, Junior, Senior)
- Marking guide for Components for Rhythm Dance (Junior, Senior) and Free Dance (Novice, Junior, Senior)
- Deduction Chart – Who is Responsible – Rhythm Dance and Free Dance (Junior, Senior)
- Marking guide for Components for Pattern Dances (Novice, Junior, Senior)
- Explanation of Symbols on the Judges Details Per Skater (Novice, Junior, Senior)
- Scales of Values for Sequences/Sections of Pattern Dances and Required Elements: see separate ISU Communication 2167
- Pattern Dance and Pattern Dance Elements for 2018-2019 (all levels)
- Correction to Key Points for Tango Romantica
III. Rhythm Dance rhythms for 2019/2020 (Junior, Senior)
Updates to the Novice requirements, valid as of July 1st, 2018, published in Novice Communication 2172.